NBA All-Star Weekend recently ended, and several memories from the star-studded event will be memorable. From the Dunk Contest, to the Celebrity All-Star Game, there were countless moments that will never be forgotten. Fergie's rendition of the National Anthem is a moment everyone wishes they could forget.
The former Black Eyed Peas singer embarrassed herself on national television by massacring the National Anthem, and she issued an apology the next day. "I love this country and honestly tried my best," vented the singer.
Comedian Roseanne believes that her infamous rendition of the National Anthem before a 1990 Padres game was better than Fergie's. Roseanna joined the millions of Americans opining about Fergie's performance on Twitter. "Who saw Fergie's national anthem performance at the NBA All-Star Game," tweeted the comedian. "I think mine was better lowkey," she continued.
Before the Padres game, Roseanne screeched her way through the national anthem while a packed stadium booed her. In an interview with The Washington Post, Roseanne stated “I started too high. I knew about six notes in that I couldn’t hit the big note."
She continued on to say, "I just tried to get through it, but I couldn’t hear anything with 50,000 drunk a** booing, screaming ‘you fat [expletive],’ giving me the finger and throwing bottles at me during the song they ‘respect’ so much.”