Breaking News

For the Team: Myster Off-Topic Interview


 Myster off-Topic has lived many walks of life. Opinions was formed about him before he could ever show his hand. He fought for his family, fought for his dream. Never let any of that deter him from what he was meant to do. Never letting anyone define him, but himself. When most of us want to highlight the hardships, he wanted to bring simplicity. He recognizes the world issues, but creates to bring that sense of serenity back. Through his story, through his music, through his way of living. We need to kick back, uncomplicate things and just enjoy it while we here. Sometimes its good just to talk without a topic. This is the exclusive interview of Myster off-Topic only at #v2




BE SURE TO STOP THE PLAYLIST AT BOTTOM OF SITE


Tell us who is Myster Off-Topic?


 Myster Off-Topic is an ordinary kid with extraordinary talents, believes in equality for everyone, and a lover of pizza.




So you grew up in Memphis TN, and lived from Lower, Upper and Middle Class?
 Pretty much. It was strange going through the changes, but it helped have a better understanding in life in other classes.

Who was your favorite rapper growing up like what type of music did you listen too?

Mike Shinoda (of Linkin Park & Fort Minor) was and still is my favorite rapper to this day. My music varied from Coldplay & Gorillaz, to Metallica & AC/DC, from Nickelback & John Mayer, to Three 6 Mafia & Tupac.

How was it growing up with a brother with autism?
It's been quite an adventure. It opened my eyes to a lot of things especially meeting other families who have loved one effected by autism, like when I hear the word "retard or retarded" I personally don't like it and plan on using it in my raps. It just leaves a sour taste in my mouth, plus just very disrespectful.

When did you first know hiphop was what you wanted to do?

 The day I was introduced to one of my best friends in the game RedOnTheBeat, he showed me how he made his beats and listened to songs he produced by different artist (MGK, 8Ball, Don Trip, ect.) so I tried out being a producer made a few beats then started freestyling at school with my group at the time.



How did you come up with the name Myster Off-Topic?

Well my original rap name was Lil $hatner and me and my friends would always do freestyle sessions at our cafeteria in high school, and one day some freshman challenged us (lol) so we accepted it and let them go first, after they spit their bars I went in and said some crazy stuff and at the end I said, "Going to crazy best believe I can't stop it, so from here on out Call me Myster Off-Topic." The next day everyone was saying "Waddup OT?!", "Myster Off-Topic my guy, wats poppin?" Then I said I said to myself "You know I like this name, I'M KEEPING IT!"



Tell us about the night you met Drake, J.Cole and The Weeknd?




 Funny thing, the times I've met them, they were always in the same place. Beale St at night  the night I met Cole I was 19 at the time very humble and cool dude. I ran into Drake when I met his dad down on Beale, his dad always be around beautiful women (lol) and The Weeknd was high as a kite when I met him but we enjoyed each other's conversation and gave me advice to "Continue as an artist and and make some dope s***." In his words.

So take us through what it takes for Myster to come up with a verse, like whats your process?

I immediately go to my car, it's my thinking spot, my dojo, my go to spot for writing lyrics. I plug in my phone into the aux cord and have the beat on loop and start writing away. Plus my car has always been a stress free zone, I can't write when I hear noises or stuff like that, I get distracted to damn easy.

 How do you like your studio sessions? Loud, Quiet, Smoking, Women? Whats the perfect vibe for you

I personally like it when my group is with me, anyone is more than welcome to come to a recording session but it always just be the squad. We give each other pointers and help make sure the song is super dope!


So you are in a rap group? TSMG. What does that stand for?


Yessir I am, TSMG is The Sicknificant Music Group, and that is Me, Chiyno Enigma, Brendan Kash, Keen Apollo, Trilogy The Amun Ra, Lil Duke, & Big Waine.



For the people who havent listened to your music before describe to them your style. And what you hope to deliver.

 The best way to describe my music style is pretty much crazy a white boy who understands the love and meaning of hip hop and doesn't talk much about street violence just more of let's party!


 What so far has been your favorite "moment" while being a rapper. And whats something you hope to accomplish before your career is over.

 Honestly I have 2 moments, one was preforming at my first show, I was jumping and going crazy on stage all of the sudden I see my phone fly out my back pocket and flew across the stage. My phone was shattered at the time I wanted to cry about it but I had to tell myself I'm preforming lol, and my 2nd moment was the day Apollo called me late at night and asked if I wanted to be TSMG and all I could say is yes! And 1 thing I hope to accomplish is to tour around the world, even if I don't accomplish it at least I can tell the world I tried!


 Any shout outs, Projects, sites. Where can the people of Viralvoice find Myster Off-Topic?


I just wanna first thank God for everything! But S/O to TSMG, TrendSetTV, Team Faded, Trak$ Gang Ent., Fly Guy Don C, Blazin, DamaramaD, and the rest of Fly Guy Conglomerate, New Jack Hippies, 41 Jones, Everyone @ One Sound Studio & To everyone rocking with me! I gotta surprise for everyone by the end of the year on my project but won't give out to much details. #ForeverOffTopic



Follow me on

Instagram

@MysterOffTopic


Twitter

@MOT_of_TSMG



Snapchat

@mrofftopic1