Breaking News

Kelly Rowland didnt Like being Dark Skin


Kelly Rowland is perfect to us the way she is,  she had to learn to embrace her beauty, especially her skin tone. During the 2013 Essence Black Women of Hollywood event, she stopped for a candid chat with Eurweb, and revealed her past insecurities with being a chocolate woman. She also gives advice to women dealing with insecurities and dished on Beyonce’s documentary, which she said inspired her to start talking to her webcam as a form of therapy.
 kelly
On how she learned to embrace her skin tone
You know what I had great women in my life to help me overcome that. I remember I went through a period where I didn’t embrace my chocolatiness. I don’t know if that’s a word, but I didn’t embrace my chocolate lifestyle. Just being a chocolate, lovely brown skin girl and being proud of that.  I remember being out in the sun and I was trying to shield myself from the sun and [Beyonce's mom Tina Knowles] said, ‘Are you crazy?’ She said ‘You are absolutely gorgeous’ and she just told me how beautiful I was and how rare chocolate is and how gorgeous the skin is, all of this stuff. And I was just like ‘Yeah!’ Like a light went off and so and my mother had me sitting out in the sun a little more, just to be a little more chocolate.
Her advice to women dealing with insecurities
You just embrace it. You embrace everything that you are as a woman, even your flaws too. And those things that you want to fix too and you work at making them better.
On whether she would consider doing a documentary like Beyonce’s
I would. The funny part is [Beyonce] actually inspired me to talk to my computer because sometimes you do get so lonely and writing in a diary is just…I get tired and it actually puts me into a trance to where I become sleepy. So I am never able to talk those things out. If I did want to go and see a therapist, I don’t have the time to. But it actually helps you to look back and [reflect]. If you look at a day and it’s like five years ago and you can see how far you’ve come. I think that’s important and that’s why [Beyonce] is so strong and knows exactly where she wants to be. So I was like, I’m going to try that. I’m going to try that this month and see what happens. 

No comments