Breaking News

John Brown - Vision Behind the Artist


Behind every artist there is someone pushing and prying for them to make it to the top. A fight for the artist future is a fight for there own. Find out how the game goes from someone who knows. Exclusive Interview with JohnTBrown of PalmTreeENT/SODMG

#1. Who is John Brown- A businessman, music lover. Manager, father.

#2. What label are you currently working with? Palm Tree Ent/SODMG 

#3. How did you get the nick name Boss? -Miami Mike gave me the nickname Boss. He admired the way I conducted my business.

#4. You come across alot of artist trying to get into this business. 
Whats the #1 thing their doing right and the #1 thing their doing wrong?- The thing I'd say they are doing right is them promoting their music and brand & doing shows. The wrong thing I'd say they are doing is choosing the wrong type of people as representation, Investing in the right things for themselves, Marketing themselves in the right areas, Not traveling outside out their hometown. Also not listening to the right people.

#5. How do you feel about the current state of hiphop?- Hip Hop has definitely changed from my era and now. I mean, there are some new artists on the scene who I think are good like: Lupe Fiasco, Alonzo Cartier, & Common. 

#6. Who is your favorite artist right now?- Mainstream I'd say Lupe Fiasco, he's a great storyteller. Indie, I gotta say Alonzo Cartier. He has a positive message for the people all while giving the people what they want at the same time. 

#7. Ever had trouble with a label mate or artist and had to drop there contract. Who holds that power? - Yes, I have. I hold that power to drop the contract. LOL

#8. What would be your dream label to work with? - SONY

#9. Are you currently looking to manage more artist at the moment, if so how can they find you?- That depends on if I like them & if there is a budget involved  I'm not going to just represent anyone. I can be reached on my twitter, which I'm on all the time: @johnptesodmg_  

#10. For upcoming managers and labels, what would be the best advice you can give them?- Get out and network. Everyone is a potential business partner/ customer. You'll never know who you may run into, who can help advance your career. The person you think has nothing and can't help you will mainly be the one who helps you. 

#11. Anything else you would just want to tell the people of viralvoice?- I'm a cool, fun person to work with. Every artist I've ever worked with will tell you "Oh, Boss cool ! He real" I like to establish a relationship with any artist I work with so I can get a feel for the person. Also check out my company B&B Marketing/Management on Facebook. https://www.facebook.com/B.B1Marketing

3 comments

Anonymous said...

Boss is the real deal

Anonymous said...

keep it up my dude

Anonymous said...

real