Breaking News

LeBron James Speaks Out About Tamir Rice Case: This Issue Is Bigger Than Me

After helping to defeat the Denver Nuggets last night (12/29), LeBron James took the time to share his thoughts on the case of Tamir Rice. On Monday, December 28, the grand jury decided not to indict the officers involved in the death of the 12-year-old in Cleveland, Ohio. Since then, fans of Lebron and the Cavaliers have urged him to comment on and protest the jury's decision. "I'm not much of a social media guy," James replied when asked about it. "I'm on it, for sure, but I'm not always looking at what's going on in it."
Lebron also openly admitted to not having "really been on top of this issue." "I understand that any lives that [are] lost, what we want more than anything is prayer and the best for the family, for anyone. But for me to comment on the situation, I don't have enough knowledge about it." "But then I think the most important thing that we all need to understand, the most important thing, this issue is bigger than LeBron," he later added. "This issue is bigger than me; it's about everyone. And gun violence and tragedies and kids losing lives at a young age, some way, somehow we need to understand that that matters more than just an individual."
Source: ESPN Article Image: LeBron James Speaks Out About Tamir Rice Case: This Issue Is Bigger Than Me