Breaking News

DAVE CHAPPELLE RECALLS BUYING DRUGS FROM IDRIS ELBA

Dave Chappelle's return to the stage earlier this year landed the comedian back on the map as GQ listed him as one of their top entertainers in their "Men of the Year" issue. In the special interview, the comedian talks candidly about Kanye West, future career plans, and the slight chance that he might of bought marijuana from Idris Elba.
Chappelle says he can understand Kanye West's rants on the paparazzi and having time to yourself instead of being swarmed by photographers. He explains that everyone faces privacy issues, but not at the high levels of a celebrity.
"Well, okay now, I don't know about that," he said. "But I do see a common denominator in the sense that the issue of privacy in general is everyone's issue ... If someone sits there and stares at you while you eat, you won't' even eat the way you normally do, because it'll make you uncomfortable. If I look at my dog while he's eating, he will look at me like, 'Dave, I will bite you. What are you looking at? I'm trying to eat.' It's something that dehumanizes a person, being on display like that."
He also reveals that he has a special connection to Idris Elba since he most likely was one of his customers back in the day.
"Oh, okay. So he used to work at Carolines. During that era of my life, there's a high possibility that I bought reefer from Idris," he said. "Fast-forward to when I was doing Chappelle's Show, Idris would come by set sometimes ... There's a lot of women who used to work on the show ... all very professional, with the single exception when Idris would come around ... [They] would just lose their goddamn minds."
While Chappelle has walked away from TV and film, the comedian says people shouldn't count him out. Chappelle says he has plenty more in store for his fans.
"There was something very definitive about it. In other words, for me to leave [Chappelle's Show] the way I did and then to sell, like 60,000 tickets in New York City is a pretty big deal ... So if it was the end of something, it would definitively be the end of any doubt that there was something real between me and the audience of people. ... I'll say it like this: There's still some s*** on the list. I still got some s*** on my bucket list."
Source: Complex