Breaking News

Pyro's Fire Fresh Pizza Review





Yesterday, I was anticipating going to Seasons 52 for lunch.  It’s down the street  and I was feeling  “swanky”. 


Got there, looked down and realized that I left my card at my desk and I only had about $12.00 on me in cash.   Not going to get very much “swank” with that.    I still had several options to choose from in that area, Jason’s Deli, Chipotle, Panera Bread, Moe’s,  and Humdingers were all within a 5 mile radius and I would be able to work with my $12.00 limit.  I decided to head to Jason’s Deli, and upon turning into the parking lot saw the sign for Pyro’s Fire Fresh Pizza.  I’ve heard great things about the place.  My boss, who lived in Europe for a few years, raves about it being the closest thing to “authentic Italian pizza” in Memphis, next to Hog and Hominy. 


I walk in, and was immediately happy with my decision.  The modern décor was inviting and the air was deliciously scented with the smell of fresh baked pizza and bubbling cheese.  I walk to the toppings bar and ordered a custom pizza.  The toppings are laid out before you subway style; and the person taking your order, hand rolls your pizza dough and adds your toppings as you select them.   I had spicy marinara, ground beef, Cajun chicken, spinach, mozzarella, cheddar, feta, and jalapenos.  I finished it with a little bit of shredded parmesan and honey balsamic. 


It took about 7 minutes (longer than the advertised 5) to have my order brought to the table but it was well worth the wait… (It’s a joke people). 


The crust was light and crispy, the cheese was bubbly and the toppings were fresh.  The 11 inch is $8.30 and comes with as many toppings as you can stand.   I was extremely impressed with the taste, the price and the atmosphere.  I highly recommend it, though I do caution about attempting to go during “peak” hours; as I’ve been told the lunch rush is a beast. 


The only drawback that I would mention is the lack of crust choices. The pizza is thin crust and I didn’t see an option for anything else. It’s not an issue for me, but for those that are looking for a New York or Chicago style pizza, this isn’t the place.

I give it 4.5 out of 5 stars.

No comments