Breaking News

MarVo Talks About Lawsuit Against Ludacris Over Sex Room

Back in June, Chicago rapper MarVo decided to sue Disturbing Tha Peace founder Ludacris over his track "Sex Room." MarVo claimed he originally wrote the song, which featured Trey Songz and appeared on Ludacris' 2010 offering "Battle of the Sexes." MarVo recently sat down with AllHipHop and gave his account of what happened.

"I want my side of the story to be shared. I never wanted any bad blood," said MarVo. "I am not looking to prove to you what I did. I'm telling you what I did, and somebody's being dishonest. Not me per se. Not Luda per se, but somebody is being dishonest."

MarVo claims he did work on a track with a DTP producer in 2009, which was eventually given to Ludacris and reworked for his album. The Chitown spitter says he wrote the exact hook that appeared on "Sex Room," despite Luda bringing in Trey Songz to sing it.

Apparently, disputes over compensation for the song happened before it was even released, but MarVo got distracted by the death of his mother.

"It hit the surface back in 2009 before the record even came out. Things were silent, because I'm a dope emcee, and I don't want people to feel like I'm trying to use Ludacris' name to gain me some fame," said MarVo. "Getting information about the lawsuit was almost like a shocker to me. I knew what was going on, but it wasn't even something that I had actually initiated. It was a call made to me like, 'we did this and this is going into motion.'"

MarVo also wants to make it very clear that he holds no grudges against Luda or anybody else. He simply cares about fairness, and wants to be compensated for his efforts.

"I don't have beef with anybody, but Ludacris even said, 'sometimes people write hooks.' He's in the industry. Everybody who's in this industry really understands how it goes. Sometimes a person will write a song. He'll say, 'Hey I love that song. Let me buy this song,' and what's supposed to happen is everyone who is involved in the process of making that song is supposed to get compensated," said MarVo.

MarVo reportedly has a video of himself reading the lyrics to others in the studio, as they listen intently. He says this video will show that he really did write the song. In addition, he's known in the industry as a ghost writer and has helped several artists craft songs, so it's nothing new.

Source: allhiphop.com

No comments