The New England Patriots' Quarterback sat down with CBS Sunday Morning and spoke on Kaepernick's achievements on the field:
"I've always watched him and admired him, the way that he's played he was a great young quarterback," Brady told Norah O'Donnell. "He came to our stadium and beat us and took his team to the Super Bowl. He accomplished a lot in the pros as a player. And he's certainly qualified and I hope he gets a shot."
This will be Kaepernick's first season not on the field after playing six seasons with the 49ers. Many feel he's being blackballed for speaking out against racism driven crimes. And many have spoken out on his behalf. Not too long ago, Aaron Rodgers made the following statement to ESPN:
"I think he should be on a roster right now. I think because of his protests, he's not."
Though Kaepernick may be blackballed, it seems he's not changing what he stands up for. He made this statement back in August 2016 & has been sticking by it since:
"I am not going to stand up to show pride in a flag for a country that oppresses black people and people of color. To me, this is bigger than football and it would be selfish on my part to look the other way. There are bodies in the street and people getting paid leave and getting away with murder."
Maybe with the support he's receiving from other players, the NFL as a whole will also change their tune.
Source: cbssports.com