Breaking News

Kaepernick: Hair Stylists Require More Training Than Cops

The 49er's quarterback Colin Kaepernick has been in headlines everywhere for the past couple of days. The football player made a bold statement by not standing when the National Anthem was played during a pre-season game Friday, [August 26].

Image result for KaepernickSince then we've heard Colin explain why he didn't stand."I am not going to stand up to show pride in a flag for a country that oppresses Black people and people of color. To me, this is bigger than football, and it would be selfish on my part to look the other way. There are bodies in the street and people getting paid leave and getting away with murder," he responded when confronted with the question as to what was behind his decision. "If they take football away, my endorsements from me, I know that I stood up for what is right," he said. After seeing a 49er's fan burn a Kaepernick jersey while the National Anthem played in the background, it's easy to the statement has gained the disapproval of some, while gaining the support of others.

In a video tweeted out today, Kaepernick stuck by his stance explaining his thoughts on police brutality, and people of color being oppressed to the press. "You can become a cop in six months, and don't have to have the same amount of training as a cosmologist, that's insane..."

No comments