Breaking News

Michael Royal Interview: The Hand I was Dealt

Michael Royal is a Mc that drives his own sound. Broken into pieces, the infatuation of dark moments and uplifting lyrics. A battle between the cosmos, a marriage between serenity and chaos. A light heart-ed man stepping into a dark minded world. No time to look at the past. No time to regret everything that was lost. Time to move forward and be great. He sits at the poker table no bluff. Playing the hand he was dealt. This is the exclusive interview of Michael Royal







Michael Royal Interview: The Hand I was Dealt 




#1. Tell us who is Michael Royal?

 Michael Royal Aka The prince is your everyday kid with a dream very driven, Motivated, and focus on music but down to earth humble well spoken and nice to everyone he meets.

#2. So you grew up in Louisiana then later moved to Memphis Tn. How was that transition. 

It was fairly easy I was only 10 years old at the time and really didn't understand what was going on. I was more focused on my X box that I left lol but we first went to baton rouge and stayed with my great grandmother for about 2 weeks but it was way to cramped because it was at least 10 people in a 2 bedroom house. After that we moved to Memphis the transition like I said was fairly easy the only real problem I had was that we only packed a weekends worth full of clothes and we realized that all of our stuff had got washed away so we would have to start over again but everything worked out for the good. 

#3. So how did losing everything in Hurricane Katrina effect you and your family?

It effected my mom and dad more then it did me like I said I was just 10 didn't have to much worries but once we moved to Memphis it hit me a little bit that we were really homeless and had to stay with grandparents for a while then we stayed in a hotel for 6 months but we finally adjusted.

#4. How where you in school? Where you the jock, loner or anime kid?

 Now middle school I was very popular I went to a private school in Memphis I was in 7th grade and I was like one of the only black kids that went there besides like maybe 4 others and I was really good at sports so I stood out, but high school I was a bit of a loner because I went to white station and really didn't know anybody but 2 people so that was different but as time progressed I found myself gaining more friends popular and unpopular so I was kinda in the middle cool with everyone.

#5. So hip-hop wasn't your first choice of music growing up? When was the change and why.

No actually I was really into alternative rock and I listen to a lot of linkin park the only rapper I really did listen to was lil wayne., but that all changed in 10th grade when I met my long time friend berry smokah he kinda introduced me into the hip hop life style and the older I got the deeper I got.  

#6. When was that moment you knew hiphop was what you wanted to do for a living? Ever had any other plans.

I remember being in high school and I was just starting to rap and they was having auditions for a black history month cypher it was going to be the first one ever  hosted by the school so I audition and got in and when they showed it in the auditorium everyone saw it and I got so much feedback from it that's when I was like I got to get this feeling again, but before that I really didn't know what I wanted to do with my life.

#7. Who is your top 5 rappers of all time. And whats one direction you love about hip-hop of today and hate about it?


1) Biggie Smalls 2) Old Dirty Bastard 3) Andre 3000 4) Kanye West 5 ) Kendrick Lamar and I don't hate anything about hip hop right now because in the end its all for the good I feel hip hop has grown so much since the 80's and even though it is a lot of bull on the radio it will only make those true hip hop heads and rappers who rap about real shit stand out that much more so I love the direction its going because its only going to make me stick out like a sore thumb.

#8. Tell me what inspired the Adam and Eve music and video?

Now I heard the beat and I really didn't know what direction I wanted to go with it so I prayed about it and God really showed it to me in a dream I saw what I believe to be Adam and eve they were in this garden and they both took a bite out of an apple at the same time and when that happened I saw a light flow through there bodies and into the ground and then I woke up and I heard the beat again and I thought about the dream and thought hey why not do it about Adam and eve and after that I just got deeper and deeper into it until it became my own idea,but whats really funny people still don't get the real concept behind it all lol ill explain it to you guys one day though.

#9. You was once signed to a major label? Now you are independent what happen?

 Well it wasn't a major  label it was more like a small label my associate had me under and it was good in the begging but I felt like there was a lot of shadiness in it and it didn't fit right with me or my spirit and it only confirmed my suspicion when I left because I saw his true colors but now yes I am independent and can say it feels much better. 

#10. How do you record your music. Whats the environment like. 

I like a very chill environment not to many people lets say about 5 good friends or even just people who appreciate the music but I like really dim lights or no lights at all I like to just zone out into the music but I also like to joke around so I like to have a balance when it comes to recording.

#11. What do you feel about the battle between hiphop and Christianity 

 I feel like people take it to seriously like with Christianity and anything its going to be a very sensitive subject but I feel like with God it shouldn't have to be forced like lead by example and when people look at you and be like damn im trying to be like you what do I have to do to get where you are in life and then you know just tell them without God  I would have never believed in myself and with that took I it and made something out of nothing.

#12. Whats your next big project?

Im actually working on a little short movie not nothing like fast and furious or anything but im basically releasing a ep called "The Twilight Zone" it will be a three song ep but im going to make a movie around it.Basically, It will be 3 music videos basically put together but each video will have a twist at the end and then there will be a final twist at the end of the movie im trying to release it around Halloween because I feel like it would fit well with that. 

#13. Tell us about Soul Trip. What exactly is that.

That's a record label me and long time friend berry Smokah created basically Me Berry Smokah, Taedeshun and J Da Monster are the main four artist and with our music we plan to take your souls on a trip through our lives and our struggle.



 #14. Let the people of viralvoice know where they can find Michael Royal. Any shoutouts, mixtape plugs, or anything you really want your fans to know?

You can find me on Twitter @GrabedtheMIC IG- Mrroyale Soundcloud- Michael Royal my Mixtape Royal Blue 101 is there and also you can find my music videos on Youtube Type in - Michael Royal 2 Am and I will come up and would like to give a S/O to my Guy Ace for the dope interview really appreciate it be blessed.